With the Document email pro plug-in, documents can be sent by email from the osFinancials program. The most commonly used documents are:invoices, quotes and credit notes to customers, but also order lists to your wholesaler. It's possible to create different email templates which are appropriate to the document that is being sent. The email text to a customer with an invoice linked will be different from the text that goes to a wholesaler, in which an order list is included. The Document email document plugin can also be used together with all kinds of other plug-ins, including: remittance, subscriptions and newsletter
License to be able te work with the document email pro
To work with the document email pro, the plugin needs to be activated. There are two ways of activating the document email pr plug-in. You can get a trial version of the plugin or you can buy a licence. For getting a trail or a licence you have to go to our web shop. If you have purchased a licence or requested for a trail you can collect the licence codes immediately. Follow the steps of the manual Plugin activation to retrieve your licence codes.
Woking with the document email pro plugin
- Click on the Documents button in the Sidebar (Quick menu); or press the F6 key on your keyboard. The Document Entry (i.e. "Invoice Entry" screen will be displayed.
- Select a document and right-click on it. On the following context menu, select the EMailInvoice option.
You may click on the E-mailPro2option of the context menu to e-mail select multiple documents to various debtors (customers). To do this, you need to:
- Select the Debtors (Customers) button on the Sidebar and select the Debtors (Customer) account.
- Select the Debtors (Customers) or Invoices you need to send E-mails to. You may double-click on the headings of the Documents list to list the documents in an ascending or descending sequence. In addition to this, you may also use the advanced options and filters to assist you with the selection of documents.
- Click on the E-mailPro2 context menu item. You will be requested to confirm
Separate e-mails for each selected document will be sent to the Debtors (Customers), provided that the e-mail addresses are entered in the E-Mail field of the Debtor (Customer) accounts.
- The Free text tab of the Send Emails screen is displayed:
- By default no text is added there. You may enter any text, as necessary.
- Click on the Settings tab to configure your e-mail settings. The following screen is displayed:
Some messages, e.g. may be displayed in the text area (on the lower right-hand side) of the Settings screen. An example may be "your e-mail address Login failed". This may indicate that something is not correctly entered on the settings.
Other examples of messages:
- Enter or select the following, if necessary:
Field Description Path to HTML File: This will be by default displayed as "C:\Program files\osFinancials\plug_ins\reports\EMailInvoice\emailtemplates\"
Leave as is.
POP Username: Enter the username as registered with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your e-mail account settings. Pop Password: Enter the Pop Password as registered with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your e-mail account settings. POP Server: Enter the Pop server as registered with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your e-mail account settings. SMTP Port: The default is "25" seconds. This is determined by the default configuration of your operating system. SMTP Server: Enter a valid SMTP as registered with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your e-mail account settings. SMTP Username: Enter the username as registered with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your e-mail account settings. SMTP Password: Enter the Pop Password as registered with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your e-mail account settings. Return Name: This field is optional. You may enter a name to display in the From column of your system's default E-mail program. Return Email: This field is optional. You may enter your own e-mail address. E-Mail Header Text: Type the text to be displayed as the Subject field of your operating system's default e-mail program. (In this example, "Outstanding Invoice" was entered. CC: This abbreviation CC "Carbon Copy" indicates secondary recipients of a message. Those recipients who are to receive a copy of a message directed to another. The list of recipients in the CC field is visible to all other recipients of the message.
Enter a valid e-mail address, if necessary.
BCC: This abbreviation BCC "Blind Carbon Copy" allows you to send a copy of your correspondence to a third party when you do not want to let the recipient know that you are doing this (or when you do not want the recipient to know the third party's e-mail address). You may also wish to enter this filed, when sending an e-mail to multiple recipients, you can hide their e-mail addresses from each other.
Enter a valid e-mail address, if necessary.
Batch Send Max Mail: The default is "100". You may use the scroll buttons or enter the number of the maximum emails required to send in a batch. This will limit the number of email messages. Timer Threshold in Seconds: The default is "10" seconds. This is determined by the default configuration of your operating system. It is not recommend ed to change this, but you could experiment by changing the values.
- Click on the SendMail tab.
- The e-mail addresses for the selected debtors (customers) will be displayed.
- Click on the Send Batchbutton.
You may click on the Stop batch button to stop the batch from sending. Once you are ready, you may click on the Resume batch button to finish the sending of the mail.
- The selected invoice will be sent as an attachment to the recipient(s).
Output for the Recipient
An example of the sent Invoice in Portable Document Format file (*.PDF) (E-mail attachment) when opened by the recipient(s) will display as follows: