Introduction to Activa plugin
The Activa plugin allows you to register Assets that needs to be written-off. This will automate the management for the depreciation allowances of Fixed assets in a Set of Books.
Each time you Open the Set of Books, the Activa plugin will be launched, when:
- Transactions need processing - There are any depreciation allowances to write-off. If you have already processed the transactions, it will be launched at the next processing date.
- New transactions - All new transactions in posted batches (e.g. Purchase journal, Purchase returns journal, Payments journal, etc.) and updated (posted) purchase documents (e.g. Purchase and Supplier returns) (using the Financial Stock item type) will be listed. These accounts selected on the batches and documents need to be added in the Activa - setup screen.
In this way you are reminded of any transactions that need processing or the purchase of new assets to be added to the Activa plugin.
If all transactions have been processed the Activa screen will not popup when you open the Set of Books.
Added end process that will clear of the total write-off from the balance write-off account and the initial asset account. This will display only the remaining total on the asset account and the contra account the will be cleared of this total.
Unregistered versions of this plugin will limit you to process only four (4) records.
Commercial: Once-off payment
Before you start with the Activa Setup, it is recommended that you:
1. Create (add) a batch type for the Activa transactions (e.g. Activa Journal).
2. Check your Assets for any combined transactions (e.g. opening balances) and split them to the correct asset items. You may have purchased for example 2 or more motor vehicles but have entered them as a combined balance. You may need to correct this as separate entries (e.g. using the General journal or Activa journal). Obtain the following details (in the Asset Register) for each of these assets:
Activate the Activa plugin
This plugin will need to be activated for each Set of Books, if you need to use this plugin in other Sets of Books.
To activate the Activa plugin:
1. Click on the Setup ribbon, select Tools → Plugins → Financial tools → Activa.
2. Click on the On radio button and click on the Save button. The Activa screen will be closed.
3. Relaunch the Activa setup plugin (see step 1). The Activa tab and the General tab will be displayed.
4. You need to select the following 3 accounts for each of your assets on the Select account screen:
a) Transactions - Select the Asset account (the account on which all assets are purchased). This should be reported in the Balance sheet.
b) Balance - Select the Asset's Accumulated depreciation account (the contra account on which the asset's depreciation are recorded). This should be reported in the Balance sheet.
c) Income statement - Select the account for the expenses to write-off (e.g. Depreciation account). This should be reported in the Income statement.
If you have created new accounts for your assets in the Action → Accounts menu, you need to launch the Activa setup screen and add the new asset accounts.
|You may click on any of the column headings (i.e. Transactions, Balance or Income statement) and drag it to the left or right to change the sequence in which to display the columns.|
5. Click on the General tab.
6. Select a batch (journal) (e.g. General journal, Activa journal) for your depreciation transactions.
If you wish to use a specific batch type (not available on this list), e.g. Depreciation journal (or any other batch type) you may add it in the Setup → Batch types menu. To do this you need to click on the Save button and add the batch type.
Should there be any transactions in the batch type (selected from this list), e.g. General journal, an error message "Batch is not empty!" will be displayed.
You then need to click on the OK button and process the transactions in the selected batch. To avoid this, it is recommended that you create (add) a separate batch for the Activa plugin transactions.
7. Select the Show for this user option. The Activa plugin may be deactivated for other users in a multi-user environment.
8. Click on the Save button.
9. Reopen the Set of Books to add the Activa icon on the Action ribbon.
Buttons to manage records
The following buttons may be used to navigate and manage the records:
- - Last - Go to the last record.
- - Add - Add a new record.
- - Delete - Delete a record. Once you click on this button, the following confirmation screen is displayed:
|Make absolutely sure that the correct record before you click on the OK button. If it is not the correct record, click on the No button and select the correct record.|