Create Invoices for Hours
Should you need to invoice a debtor (customer / client) for services rendered on an hourly basis (e.g. consulting, etc.), you may use the Hours category to schedule and process quotes (invoices) with a few mouse-clicks. The Calendar (Planner) is the electronic diary, time sheet, which integrates the billing of your debtors (customers / clients).
This option generates Quotes and not Invoices. The reason for this, is:
You may also view and print the Invoice on the Documents tab of the Debtor account (Action → Debtor). Once the Invoice is posted (updated to the ledger), it will be listed as a debit transaction on the Transactions tab of the Debtor account.
You may also select a specific person (salesperson) which will render these services.
To Process Invoices for Hours:
- If the Calendar is not automatically displayed, click on the Action → Calendar menu.
- Select the day and a time slot to schedule the hours.
- Select a date and right-click on a time slot. On the context menu, select the Add Event... option. The Untitled – Event screen will be displayed.
- On the Untitled Event screen, enter and / or select the following:
- Subject - Leave blank. This will automatically be filled in with the debtor (customer / client) account code, description and Salesperson when selecting it.
- Category - Select Hours (Magenta colour).
- Hours - Click on the Hours field. Select a debtor customer account.
- Projects - Empty is the default project. Select a Project from the list.
- Salesperson- Select a salesperson.
If the consultant or the salesperson is not added you need to exit this screen and first add a salesperson in the Setup → Salesperson or in the Setup → Groups (Salesperson) menu.
- All day event - Leave blank.
- Start Time - Select 2012/12/01. This is the date and time as selected on the Calendar from where the Untitled - Event screen was launched. If this date is not correct, you may select the correct date. Enter or select the time slot, if not correct.
- End Time - Enter the time expected to finish the project.
- Appointment Recurrence - The default is None. You may select Daily, Weekly, Monthly by Day, Monthly by Date, Yearly by Day, Yearly by Date or Custom.
- Repeat Until - Field disabled. If any other option than None on the Appointment Recurrence field is selected, you may select or enter a date.
- Reminder - You may activate it and set the Minutes, Hours or Days to remind you in advance to process invoices for hours.
- After scheduling the invoices for hours, the screen should display as follows:
The Subject and the Titlebar will display the debtor (customer / client) account code and name as well as the name of the salesperson (consultant). It should also display the Project code and description.
- Click on the OK button to register and save the Hours event.
This Quote may be viewed on the following options:
Document Entry screen as Unposted (i.e. Not converted to an Invoice).
You may need to edit the quote, e.g. add comments, change the hours, etc. change the Project code, before converting it to an Invoice.
The Hours – Event will be displayed in Purple (Magenta) colour on the time slot of the scheduled day. The Day in the calendar will also be underlined and displayed in a Purple (Magenta) font.